It’s time to pivot from my typical contemplations on culture and politics. You may not be aware, but I am a huge fan of essential oils. Fourteen years ago, our youngest began having horrific allergic reactions to antibiotics. It completely ravaged her personal immunity and baseline health. Thankfully, some fellow moms shared their wisdom with me and suggested I try some alternative methods to rebuild and support her well-being. Essential oils were part of their recommendation to me.
I didn’t know much back then. I bought oils from an online website where I could acquire them at the cheapest price. Quality really meant nothing to me. I used the oils mainly for soothing baths to calm my kids and renew their skin.
Four years ago my oil journey completely changed. I learned that there were so many more uses for my oils than I ever imagined. But quality and purity were critical in how I could use these oils. I could consume oils orally (for instance, I drink a drop or two of lemon oil in my water every day) and diffuse them in small humidifiers called diffusers (which I also do every day). I could also use them topically on hair and diluted on the skin.
It wasn’t hard for me to settle on using doTERRA products and eventually become an Essential Oil Educator and Wellness Advocate. Their Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) quality control assures that I can use the oils topically, internally, and aromatically without reservation. They also do an incredible job of taking care of their customers with price, loyalty rewards, and excellent customer service.
That being said, there is one thing that makes me crazy………… When people don’t use their oils! Honestly, purchase of good oils is an investment in your personal vitality. Not using the oils you’ve purchased is like having paper towels sitting in front of you and wondering why you can’t find anything to dry your hands.
To cure my craziness and empower YOU, I’m initiating these intermittent posts to discuss essential oils. Now you have no excuse not to use what you’ve purchased!
Today let’s talk about your mouth. I was inspired to write this by a friend who is currently struggling with some dental challenges. The support she needs is right at her fingertips!
I LOVE the dōTERRA On Guard® products for oral well-being of every kind. Here’s why:
- On Guard contains Cinnamon – This spice possesses powerful cleansing properties and was considered more valuable than gold in ancient culture.
- On Guard contains Clove – Have you ever had a tooth extraction that resulted in a dry socket? Dental professionals typically use a dressing saturated with oil of clove to pack the sight for treatment. This is because of clove’s soothing and cleansing qualities.
- On Guard contains Orange – In addition to it’s beloved taste and energizing fragrance, orange is also used to purify.
- On Guard contains Eucalyptus – Again, think of that soothing smell and powerful cleansing benefits.
- On Guard contains Rosemary – This herb contains renewing and invigorating qualities.
So HOW would I, do I use On Guard for dental and oral well-being in my home?
- We use On Guard Oil Blend to rub on our gums if we get a toothache. The soothing it brings is amazing when quick relief is needed. It has been a lifesaver for us when we can’t get to a dentist soon enough or when residual pain persists.
- We brush with the On Guard Toothpaste. In addition to the wonderful ingredients in On Guard Oil Blend, the toothpaste also contains peppermint and wintergreen to leave your mouth cleansed, soothed, and refreshed.
- We gargle with a couple of drops of On Guard Oil Blend in an 8 ounce glass of water. It leaves the mouth clean and any gum or throat pain diminishes.
- We use On Guard Protecting Throat Drops. At the first hint of a sore throat or impending illness we grab one of these soothing lozenges. My kids consider these individually wrapped gems to be solid gold.
These are just a few of the quick, simple ways we use On Guard for oral wellness in our home. This oil blend also has countless other applications in the home that make it a daily staple for us. But that’s another post for another day.
Questions? Feel free to reach out to me on my Essential Oils Facebook Page.
Purchase your own oils on my dōTERRA website: https://www.mydoterra.com/barbaradittrich/#/