Ahhhhhhhhhh. The relaxation of a Summer’s evening fire on the patio. It’s a simple pleasure that our family loves when the weather allows. But the itch of mosquito bites can threaten to turn our backyard from a relaxing retreat to a nagging nightmare.
Since I use natural mosquito repellent on my family, (think 10 drops Terra Shield oil blend, and 5 drops each Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Lemongrass, Lavender, and Cedarwood oils, topped off with Witch Hazel in a 4 oz spray bottle), why wouldn’t I use those same essential oils for treating bug bites?
We have found a great way to ditch the itch! It’s as simple as making a roller bottle recipe. In your empty roller bottle place 5 drops Basil oil, 3 drops Eucalyptus oil, 7 drops Lavender oil, 7 drops Lemon oil, 5 drops Melaleuca oil, and 7 drops Peppermint oil. Top this combination off with Fractionated Coconut Oil. Shake well and roll on your bug bites for relief.
Why use each one of these?
- Basil brings relief to the skin with soothing and cooling properties.*
- Eucalyptus is also cooling and soothing while moisturizing at the same time.*
- Lavender relieves skin irritation.*
- Lemon naturally cleanses the skin and promotes circulation.*
- Melaleuca is also know to soothe the skin while also possessing cleansing and purifying properties.*
- Peppermint refreshes the skin with its cooling, invigorating, and moisturizing capabilities.*
[*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.]
This blend brings relief to more than just bug bites. My oh-so-skeptical husband had a non-descript, persistent itch on his forearm one night. While he tells me he still has doubts about essential oils, he always asks about them when he isn’t feeling great. When I offered him my “Ditch the Itch Blend,” he was amazed at how quickly and effectively it helped.
“Darn! It worked!” he smirked.
I hope it brings a little smile to your face as well.